Hyster-Yale is a leading globally integrated designer, engineer, manufacturer, seller and servicer of a comprehensive line of electric, warehousing and internal combustion engine lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names, mainly to independent Hyster® and Yale® retail dealerships.
Lift trucks and component parts are manufactured in the United States, Northern Ireland, Mexico, The Netherlands, the Philippines, Italy, Japan, Vietnam, Brazil and China
- Leading global lift truck brands in terms of units sold
- Large installed base that drives parts sales
- Approximately 830,000 units worldwide as of December 31, 2015
- Diverse customer and application base
- Global independent dealer network
- Comprehensive, updated global product line
- Globally integrated operations with economies of scale
- Experienced management team
- Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with over approximately 5,500 employees in 13 countries
- In late 2014 Hyster-Yale acquired Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC., an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel-cell stacks and related systems.
2015 Financial Results
- Revenues: $2.6 billion
- Operating Profit: $103.5 million
- Net Income: $74.7 million
- Cash: $155.1 million
- Debt: $53.1 million
- Net Cash: $102 million
Lift Truck Business
- Achieve a 7 percent operating profit margin in the lift truck business at the peak of the current market cycle and at the mid-point of the next market cycle
- Enhance understanding of customer needs at the product and aftermarket levels to create and provide a full range of differentiated products and develop service solutions for specific industry applications,
- Drive to offer the lowest cost of ownership by utilizing the Company's understanding of customers' major cost drivers and developing solutions that consistently lower the customer's cost of ownership and create a differentiated competitive position,
- Enhance independent distribution by implementing programs aimed at broadening account coverage of the market, expanding the Company's dual-brand ownership strategy, attracting best-in-class dealers from competitors, and ensuring dealer excellence in all areas of the world,
- Improve the Company's warehouse market position through enhancing dealer and customer support, adding products, and implementing programs to increase focus on key customers,
- Expand in Asian markets by offering products aimed at the needs of these markets, enhance Asia distribution and focus on strategic alliances with local partners in China, India and Japan,
- Enhance the company's Big Truck market position through continued introduction of new products, improving its global team and highlighting its global capabilities to customers,
- Strengthen and align the Company's sales and marketing organization in all geographic regions, and
- Focus on commercializing Nuvera's technology through the introduction of new fuel cell and improved hydrogen generation products.
Certain statements on this page that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that arise after the posting of this data to the website. Click here to see the Company's full Forward-Looking Statement Disclaimer/Risks and Uncertainties.